These smartphones are a great upgrade from their predecessors. It comes with new hardware and exciting features every Apple fan must try. Here are five of the new functionalities of the iPhone 6s that are totally exciting (and would make you want to own this handset):
1. Live Photos The camera functions received an upgrade with the addition of the Live Photos feature. Apple said it’s “an entirely new way to bring your still photos to life.” Apart from taking a brilliant photo using the 12-megapixel rear camera, this functionality allows the user to record moments before and after the photo was taken (with movement and sound), so they look like living memories. You can even set these images as your Lock screen wallpaper or view them on your other Apple devices.
2. 3D Touch One of the highlighted features of the new iPhone is the 3D Force Touch technology. Based on a report by O2, the next generation multi-touch functionality allows the smartphone to analyze commands/requests depending on how deeply users’ press on the screen. Its main purpose is to essentially make each mobile activity quicker and simpler. The 3D Touch also enhances the home screen shortcuts to native Apple apps like contacts, messages and many more. The feature doesn’t only work with built-in Apple apps; it’s also compatible with third party applications such as Shazam, Pinterest, and Launch Center Pro.
3. More security Apple has finally listened to feedback from users. Finally, they made improvements on the Touch ID and passcode feature. They did retain the two-way authentication process, but they revamp a few things to help users feel more secure. During the setup of the fingerprint, it will only prompt you to register one fingerprint, but in fact, you can register up to five users. It is a lot faster and more accurate in recognizing prints than the previous scanner. You can also include a 6-digit passcode (yes, no longer 4-digit) to have an additional layer of protection.
4. Hey Siri! Siri is now more responsive, and by that we mean: talkative, informative, accurate, and spontaneous. Even without pressing anything on the screen, Apple’s virtual assistant can now respond to your request when you say “Hey Siri!”. As the owner, you must first register your voice so you will be the only one whom Siri can answer to. Here’s how to turn on this service: Settings > General > Siri > Hey Siri > On. The next time you say “Hey Siri, where can I buy tickets to the Metallica concert?” she can immediately attend to your request even without pressing a button.
5. Front camera flash Hold on, let me take a selfie. There’s no denying that we are living in the “Selfie Generation,” where people just keep on taking photos of themselves using their smartphones. In fact, a study back in 2014 revealed that 93 million selfies are taken daily. So, if that’s the case, then you’ll love the new front flash on the iPhone 6s. All you have to do is open the camera app, switch the camera to the front option, and tap on the flash icon on the upper left. There’s an option to use auto, so that all your selfies are clear even in low light condition. There are various reasons why we should love the upgraded iPhone 6s, especially with the exciting new features that come with it. Which makes you wonder about the upgraded and innovative iPhone 7 that will hit the market next year. Will we finally see an iris scanning iPhone? Will Apple apply the see-through display patent this time around?