When new mom Claire Henderson, went to check on her newborn baby, she was horrified to discover that she was covered in cold sores.Fearing that the infection was serious, she rushed to the hospital. Fortunately, they were able to save her. The cause was traced back to a visitor who unknowingly was a carrier of the Herpes Simplex virus, which causes cold sores. This can be fatal to young babies and she was immediately treated with antiviral medication and has now fortunately made a full recovery
Mom Claire, has posted a warning to all new moms on her Facebook wall, highlighting her concerns. It is hoped that by sharing her experience,, that it will raise more awareness of the dangers.