Teenager jailed for beating pet bulldog to death and throwing cat against wall

A teenage thug from Derbyshire has been jailed after it was proven that he beat his pet bulldog to death and threw his cat against the wall.

Kelvin McKendry, the thug, brutally beat up his pet bulldog, which left the poor one with traumatic injuries to his head, body, and internal organs.

The incident reportedly happened at the house of the teenager in Ilkeston, Derbyshire on February of last year.

The teenager then carried the canine and buried them in a nearby woodland.

When the authorities questioned where Marley, the dog, was, the owner said that he had died the previous night and he had buried them in a field where the 2 would used to go to frequently.

The RSPCA were then contacted by the authorities.

When they went to the house of the teenager, he was not there anymore.

4 days after the killing, the Derbyshire police received information that led them to where the dog was buried.

A report from a pathologist said that the dog had suffered horrible injuries that were caused by blunt force trauma.

The report added:

The life-threatening injuries suffered by Marley caused internal bleeding and shock, from which he ultimately died.

After the incident, the teenager left the area and was found after another animal cruelty report was reported.

The RSPCA were called to reports of an injured cat in Rose Hill, Woodville, near Swadlincote on July 21 of last year.

Rachel Leafe, an inspector, along with the local officers launched an investigation for the incident.

It was later found out that Gypsy, a cat, had been thrown against a wall, which left the cat with a broken pelvis.

McKendry was pointed out for being responsible for the incident, which allowed them to arrest the teenager.

After being brought to a local court, the teenager was sentenced to 2 years in a young offender institution.

He was also charged with animal cruelty offences.

Investigating officer Rachel Leafe released a statement about the incident, saying:

According to the pathologist report it is clear poor Marley had suffered from a series of injuries which led to his death. Gypsy was also in a suffering state after McKendry threw her against a wall. She had emergency surgery and after weeks of cage rest I was pleased to hear she had made a good recovery at Derby’s Abbey Street Rehoming Centre. Now called Aggi she has now been nursed back to health thanks to dedicated staff and has just moved into her forever home in the countryside.

According to a report by DailyStar, the teenager pleaded guilty to 2 charges of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal and 2 charges of failing to take reasonable steps to ensure the needs of an animal that he had been taking care off.

The boy was jailed for 19 weeks at a sentencing hearing at a Magistrates Court on April 19, 2021.

He was also handed out a permanent ban from keeping all animals.

The court also ordered him to a £121 victim surcharge.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

16 + 2 =