Woman saved after being held as a slave for 8 years by couple in a Melbourne house

An Indian woman was rescued by the authorities after she was held as a slave for 8 years by a heartless couple in Melbourne, Australia.

It was reported that she was found in a pool of her own urine and was just 40 kilograms heavy when they were rescued.

The Indian woman was reportedly being held as a slave in a squalid corner of a suburban home for 8 straight years.

The couple accused of imprisoning her allegedly lied about how they knew her when she collapsed in their house in Melbourne.

The woman only has a temperature of just 28.5 degrees Celsius and was suffering from sepsis when she was rushed to the hospital.

The woman was in a serious condition, said authorities who confirmed the incident to have happened in July of 2015.

Traumatized and with serious medical conditions, the woman spend over 2 months in the hospital.

At the time, nobody knew who she was.

The husband and wife, whose home she was found at, are being accused of intentionally possessing the woman as a slave from the July 2007 and July 2015.

A trial for the couple, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, started in a Supreme Court in Victoria on Wednesday of this week.

Prosecutor Richard Maidment QC said the victim came 2 times to Melbourne from her home in Tamil Nadu, in southern India.

She was there to care for the 3 children of the couple.

Paramedics found her to be emaciated with a weight of 40 kilograms.

She was suffering from sepsis and untreated type 2 diabetes.

The wife called emergency services after finding the woman collapsed in their Mount Waverley house.

They told the operator that she only knew the first name of the woman.

At first, the victim also refused to tell the truth because of fears that she would be in trouble.

She later told the authorities that she was being kept as a slave by the couple.

She was also fearful of being illegally in the country.

The visa of the woman expired in 2007 and her passport in the year 2011.

Prosecutor Richard Maidment QC said that the husband and wife interfered with the fundamental rights of the woman.

She was not allowed to leave the house, communicate with other people, and have access to healthcare services.

The woman was not paid too.

She was given some money, some saris, and other basic things in exchange for cooking, cleaning, folding clothes and caring for the children.

It was later found out that the son-in-law of the woman arranged for her to work for the family.

She was told that she would be paid.

At first, the woman was allowed to speak on the phone with her son-in-law and daughter at least 2 or 3 times per year, but from around 2012, the contact slowed.

At some time, everything stopped.

When her daughter sent an email to the couple asking for her mother to be sent back to them in India, she got 2 replies.

The first reply was “get f**ked: and the second one was “tell her to go f**k herself”.

No further information about the case was shared with the public.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sixteen − 10 =